VW T5/T6 Flat Pack Camper interior units
DIY flat pack furniture kit for the VW T5 and T6 Vans
Our full-length camper self-assembly camper van units for the VW T5 and T6 vans. The kit consists of the full run of units with a rear wardrobe.
The unit is supplied with a SMEV combination sink and 2 burner hob with a fresh and waste water tanks which sits in the cupboard below. We also include a submersible water pump and, of course, a tap. When you’re not knocking up culinary delights the hob and sink are covered over giving you more surface space to chuck your belongings.
Like all of our camper van furniture kits, these units are build from quality birch plywood – no ugly caravanesque furniture board, plastic edging or fake wood. The worktops and feature strips are available in a range of 10 colours.
Our t5/T6 wardrobe comes with a quality hardwood tambour door – no fake wood here, and is supplied with a removable shelf.
The units are designed to work with a Rusty Lee T5 3/4 width bed or similar width bed. The example in the photos here is fitted with a RIB 112cm bed.
Please note that the photos here show the units with custom doors on the front of the RIB bed – this is not part of our standard kit (which comes with a plain birch plywood panel). The photos also show the above window side cupboard and lights in the base of the units which are also custom features.
We offer the option of a Virtifrigo i39 12v fridge, which sits in the left-hand cupboard space. The units can be used with a Waeco CRX-50 fridge if there are no wall panels behind the units, allowing for the fridge to fit into the void in the side of the van. If required, we can supply wooden surround with a cut out for the CRX-50.
Clear Birch colours (click on them to enlarge)
Black Birch colours (click on them to enlarge)
Being a full interior this one is a little more involved to fit – you will need to be a pretty competent DIYer to fit the T5 units. If you would prefer us to fit the furniture for you that’s no problem, we provide a fitting service at our unit in Sheffield, the cost for fitting starts at £800 (costs may be more if electrics, beds etc are required, please contact us for details).
Lead time for our T6/T6 flat pack interior is currently approximately 4-6 weeks.
Share this item:
If you struggle with an Ikea Billy bookshelf you are going to have trouble as our full flat pack campervan kits require a good level of DIY skills. Most of the parts fit together in a pretty straight forward way but, as vans can vary in the say they have been boarded and panelled, for the best fit, you will need to mark and cut some panels to fit. That said, if you feel confident with a jigsaw, you should be OK (we’ll even include a good quality jigsaw blade which will cut cleanly though the plywood.
We’ll start you off with a clean cutting jigsaw blade screwdriver and drill bits. You will need to supply a drill (you need to fasten your units to the side of a van) and a jigsaw if you wish to accurately cut the wardrobe panels to the side of your van. An electric screwdriver will make things faster (but isn’t essential). A tape measure might be useful, and a pencil to position behind your ear (so you look the part)
Main front unit
• housing SMEV Combination Sink and hob.
• Main Cupboard (or panel for fridge if you are fitting one), middle cupboard (housing waste water), drawer.
• Small right cupboard housing clean water.
• Flap access to storage area.
• Gas bottle fitting in base (gas bottle not supplied as part of the kit).
• Storage area with removable shelf
• Cut outs for 240v and 12v sockets.
• Storage area or ideal location for 240v consumer unit
• Lower storage area next to the wheel arch with access from the rear
Other Furniture Elements
• Matching laminated table on sliding rail
• Matching panel for front of rock ‘n’ roll bed (bed not supplied as part of the kit)
• SMEV 9722 sink Hob with tap
• Clean and waste water tanks
• Submersible water pump
• 240v socket with USB ports
• 12v USB port
• 12v Cigerette type socket
• Gas pipe and fittings (we strongly recommend getting your gas fittings checked by a qualified gas fitter)
• Screwdriver and clean cut jigsaw blade
• Scribing marking tool
• Suppliers recommendations for the rest of your conversion
Gas Bottle (we provide a fitting for a Campingaz 907 bottle along with a cut off valve, pipework and isolation valve)
Electric hook up and wiring
Split Charge or Leisure battery (we will include information about what is required to complete your electrics.