VW T2 Bay Window Flat Pack Camper interior units
DIY flat pack furniture kit for the VW T2 Bay Window
Our full length camper self assembly camper van units with the VW T2 bay window. The kit consists of the full run of units with a rear wardrobe (well, it’s not really a wardrobe is it – more of a cupboard but let’s stick with tradition). We also provide a matching birch ply kick panel to fit a rock ‘n’ roll bed (you can order a bed from us as well as an extra item below).
The units are designed to work with a Rusty Lee 3/4 width bed or similar width bed.
The unit is supplied with a SMEV combination sink/2 burner hob with a fresh and waste water tanks which sits in the cupboard below. We also include a submersible water pump and, of course , a tap. When you’re not knocking up culinary delights the hob and sink are covered over giving you more surface space to chuck your belongings.
Like all of our camper van furniture kits, these units are build from quality birch plywood – no ugly caravanesque furniture board, plastic edging or fake wood. The worktops and feature strips are available in a range of 10 colours.
Clear Birch colours (click on them to enlarge)
Black Birch colours (click on them to enlarge)
Being a full interior this one is a little more involved to fit but if you are a competent DIYer you should be OK. If you would prefer us to fit the furniture for you that’s no problem, we provide a fitting service at our unit in Sheffield, the cost for fitting starts at £300 (costs may be more if electrics, beds etc are required, please contact us for details).
Lead time for our T2 flat pack interior is currently approximately 6-8 weeks.
Out of stock
Share this item:
If you struggle with an Ikea Billy bookshelf you are going to have trouble as our full flat pack campervan kits require a good level of DIY skills. Most of the parts fit together in a pretty straight forward way but, as vans can vary in the say they have been boarded and panelled, for the best fit, you will need to mark and cut some panels to fit. That said, if you feel confident with a jigsaw, you should be OK (we’ll even include a good quality jigsaw blade which will cut cleanly though the plywood.
We’ll start you off with a clean cutting jigsaw blade and a couple of screwdrivers and drill bits. You will need to supply a drill (you need to fasten your units to the side of a van) and a jigsaw if you wish to accurately cut the wardrobe panels to the side of your van. An electric screwdriver will make things faster (but isn’t essential). A tape measure might be useful, and a pencil to position behind your ear (so you look the part)
Main front unit
• housing SMEV Combination Sink and hob.
• Main Cupboard, middle cupboard (housing waste water), drawer.
• Small right cupboard housing clean water.
• Flap access to storage area.
• Gas bottle fitting in base (gas bottle not supplied as part of the kit.
• Storage area with removable shelf
• Cut outs for 240v and 12v sockets.
• Storage area or ideal location for 240v consumer unit (consumer unit not supplied as part of the kit)
Other Furniture Elements
• Matching laminated table on sliding rail
• Matching panel for front of rock ‘n’ roll bed (bed not supplied as part of the kit)
• SMEV 9722 sink Hob with tap
• Clean and waste water tanks
• Submersible water pump
• 240v socket with USB ports
• 12v USB port
• 12v Cigerette type socket
• 12v Fuse box
• Gas pipe and fittings (we strongly recommend getting your gas fittings checked by a qualified gas fitter)
• Screwdriver and clean cut jigsaw blade
• Scribing marking tool
• Suppliers recommendations for the rest of your conversion
Gas Bottle (we provide a fitting for a Campingaz 907 bottle along with a cut off valve, pipework and isolation valve)
Electric hook up and wiring
Split Charge or Leisure battery (we will include information about what is required to complete your electrics.